"Newry (/njri/, en escocés: Newrie en irlandés: Iúr Cinn Trá o An tIúr) es una ciudad norirlandesa. Está cerca de la desembocadura del río Clanrye, la frontera histórica entre el Condado de Armagh en el oeste y el Condado de Down en el este. Es poe ello que la ciudad comparte territorio en los dos condados y la ciudad en Down."
"Newry (/njri/; from Irish: An Iúraigh) is a city in Northern Ireland, 34 miles (55 km) from Belfast and 67 miles (108 km) from Dublin. It had a population of 29,946 in 2011. Newry was founded in 1144 alongside a Cistercian monastery, although there are references to earlier settlements in the area. It is one of Ireland's oldest towns. Newry is at the entry to the "Gap of the North", close to the border with the Republic of Ireland. It grew as a market town and a garrison and became a port in 1742 when it was linked to Lough Neagh by the first summit-level canal built in Ireland or Great Britain. In 2002, as part of Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee celebrations, Newry was granted city status along with Lisburn."